Many people are gifted with natural singing ability, but whether you want to become a professional entertainer, a casual performer, or sing for fun, it is important to learn how protect your best asset and to increase it's potential.This free online singing lessons will help you!
What You need to do:
- A Tape Recorder and Microphone.
- Writing Materials.
- Something to sing with - Use one of your favorite singles/backing track/midi file.
- Record yourself singing along to a song.
- Listen back to your recording.
- Take notes on the following points:
- Are you in Tune with the music? - your notes should match the song.
- Is your voice weak or strong? - shouting is NOT Singing!!
- Are you breathing correctly? - you should not be short of breath
- Do you struggle to reach the notes - pick an easy song to start with!
- Are you gasping for air between phrases - learn to breath in the "rests" between phrases
- Record yourself again with another song
- Listen to the difference in your practice recordings as you progress.
Keep updating for some tips on singing basics!